Due to the current situation, we are unfortunately unable to offer any internships at the moment. We look forward to receiving your applications again beginning in July 2021, with internships possibly starting in January 2022. Participation as part of the Federal Volunteer Service is still possible.
Internship in the editorial office / in project management
If you would like to do an internship in an internationally active cultural organisation with a focus on the performing arts, please feel free to send us your application.
- university studies in Theatre Studies or in other humanities subjects
- very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- structured, independent way of working
- strong communication and teamwork skills
- required language skills (specify level if applicable):
- other foreign languages desirable, but not mandatory
Internship in the field of archiving
We would be happy to hear from you if you are interested in participating in any of the following areas: video documentation of dance and theatre, video digitisation and editing, media archiving, project organisation or in our practical studio work. Applications are welcome at any time.
- interest in the national and international dance and theatre scene
- good English skills
- enjoy communication
- an interest in learning to catalogue and record information about video material and books
As a rule, we set internships lasting twelve weeks, but internships lasting up to six months are also possible.
Federal Volunteer Service
At the moment, we are looking for reinforcement in cataloguing and archiving the audiovisual documentation of dance and theatre. Can you see yourself supporting our team in the media library by assisting visitors as well as viewing and archiving new media? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
Possible experience and/or skills:
- good knowledge of the national and international dance and theatre scene or the ability to familiarise yourself with it
- very good German spelling and grammar
- good knowledge of English
- enjoy communication
We appreciate your interest in supporting our work with your commitment. Please feel free to contact us so that we can discuss possible areas of involvement with you.
How can I apply?
If you are interested in one of the above-mentioned positions (Federal Volunteer Service, volunteering or an internship), please send an email to Annette Doffin with your resume as well as a short statement about why you would like to work at the International Theatre Institute. We would be happy to invite you to an interview to determine and discuss possible areas of work with you.
Special requirements apply to applications as a federal volunteer. Please find out here whether you can apply to work in this area. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are looking forward to your application!