Are you interested in an internship at the ITI?
We are constantly working together with interns to support our work in the areas of project management and public relations.
Then please send us an email explaining why you would like to work with us together with
- your CV
- (a choice of) references, if available
- possible time periods for the internship (min. of 10 weeks)
Description of the institution, its activities and the concerning department:
The German centre of the ITI is part of the global theatre network was founded in 1948. Under the patronage of the UNESCO, it supports the mutual exchange of theatre people worldwide. ITI Germany offers information and advice to performing artists, organizes international projects and conferences on cultural and educational policies and supports international meetings and cooperations. Every three years, we organize the festival Theatre of the World.
The Mime Centre Berlin, a permanent project of the ITI, provides daily and free access to the media library for dance and theatre containing over 8,000 video documentaries of the performing arts.
- assistance on projects relating to the archive and/ or publications (enquiries, corrections, coordination)
- participation in the planning, organization and practical implementation of projects and events
- university education in theatre studies or in other humanities
- very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- structured and independent approach to work
- profound communication skills and ability to work in a team
Required language skills (pls. indicate your level):
- German: C2
- English: very good
- Other languages desired, but not obligatory
How we decide:
Your request will be discussed in our team. If we are interested, we will contact you for a first meeting in the Berlin office to provide a first impression of our premises, staff and work. We will talk about possible projects and tasks for the period of your internship and you can tell us about your interests and preferences. Usually, we take our decision within a week’s time and would then ask you to either confirm or reject your application.
Duration of the internship:
Usually, we arrange internships for a period of 10 to 12 weeks. Longer internships up to six months are possible, too.
Working time is 39 h/week, but it is possible to work part-time (minimum 4 days/week).
We are looking forward to your application!
Contact: Annette Doffin: a.doffin(a)iti-germany.de